Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Formula D meets Circus Maximus

Is this cool or what?


I've been playing a lot of Formula D lately. It's simple, straightforward, and makes a great game for those Family Game Nights when not everyone at the table wants to spend four and a half hours closing all the gates in Arkham.

I've also got a ton of little miniature chariots culled from one of the 6,000 versions of RISK. Being one of the 12 people in the world who was a big fan of this old X-Box game, you can see where my mind started going...

I found that image of the board for the game Circus Maximus, which was released in 1979. I'd never heard of it and I don't think it's available today. I can infer some of the rules from the tables surrounding this track, but what I'd really like to do is adapt Formula D rules for this, using my otherwise-useless chariot miniatures.

Even better for that, some joker has made this, which should be even more fun and give plenty of excuses to roll that Danger Die.


If I ever get around to making this conversion happen, I'll let you know with the sound of brazen trumpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment