Thursday, August 15, 2013

This is My Manifesto

No, I'm not about to spout my political beliefs - just my gaming beliefs.

Even then, I'm not sure how firm those beliefs are. I experience an internal design revolution every time I read a new game. But for a long time I've been tinkering with game design, and this is the best I've come up with so far.

Nerd Glows On (an anagram of Gonen's World) is the "gaming imprint" of Pharaoh Publishing USA. Nerd books will be smaller than Pharaoh books (5.5x8.5, as opposed to 6x9) and I'll always price them as low as createspace will let me. The official Nerd Glows On site is right here. Much thanks to Ryan Ashmore for helping me get it all set up.

I still find it astounding that it's cheaper for me to make a book via createspace than it is for me to print, fold, and staple even a single copy. I've done the math.

I don't intend to market this book - there are so many great RPGs out there that I don't have the time, knowledge, or desire to go out and make myself known, hanging out at conventions, casually posting on message boards so there's a link in the sig line, etc. I made this book for me and my friends, and if someone out there stumbles on it and wants to give me some feedback or even play it, great. But in the end, having this book in my hands is reward in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment