Monday, August 5, 2013

Attack of the Man-Purse!

First of all, let me just say this: It's European!

A few months ago I bought a man's hand bag. I carry a lot around with me throughout the day and this way I don't lose anything (when I can find it in the purse, that is). I joke about the name - this is modeled after an ammo pouch and is rugged and manly. People say not to call it a man-purse, but I'm with George Carlin who said, "if you can't say the word, don't carry the fucking bag!" It's not big enough to be a satchel (won't hold 8.5x11" paper w/out folding). It's too small for most game rulebooks (except for Burning Wheel and other 5.5x8.5" books). It's too small for my laptop. That means it's good for holding all the little accessories I need/want to get through my day. That pretty much makes it a purse. And I'm OK with that.

What's in my man-purse today? Let's see...my keys. Scout Book and blue ballpoint pen. A camera. My e-cigarette kit (charger, battery, juice). My wallet/checkbook. A compact men's personal grooming kit (handy for eliminating stray nose hairs or dirty fingernails at work). Two pieces of nicotine gum for emergencies. Five ibuprofen tablets. This book. An external hard drive with a bunch of music on it. A Swiss Army knife that has come in handy about a BILLION times.

I really hate to have things in my pockets (I've lost a bit of weight lately, nothing to brag about, but it's made my pants fall down a lot!), so this has been a real quality of life improvement.

Now, for the important question: why am I blogging about my purse?

Hmm. That's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment