Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Repairman Jack

I started a new job recently and my boss turned out to be a big fan of Jim Butcher and other paranormal fiction. I told her I'm and old buddy of his from high school and maybe that helped get me the job, heh. But she recommended F. Paul Wilson's "Repairman Jack" novels and lent me The Tomb, first in the series. At first I started reading it to please my boss, but I got hooked fast!

Repairman Jack is one of the most likeable antiheroes I've come across in a long time. He lives off the grid, and makes his living by fixing people's problems. He's not afraid of a little violence, is paranoid about the government, and has a strong smart-ass streak, but he's got a heart of gold and a righteous sense of justice that transcends the courts. Of course, it's tough to go to the police when your problem is a horrible monster, a family curse, or some other supernatural trouble. Who do you call then? Not Ghostbusters, but Repairman Jack.

A Repairman Jack film is in development. It's just an internet rumor but they say Nathan Fillion is one of the actors being considered for the part. Trust me, he'd be perfect. 

I can't wait to continue this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment