Thursday, October 6, 2011

Free Advertising

I decided to put up some free advertising to support two things I really like.

The first is Radio Rivendell, a 24/7 streaming internet radio station that plays "fantasy music" - that is, soundtracks from fantasy/historical movies and video games. I listen to it all the time these days. It's perfect background music for working, I think. Gives a nice heroic backdrop to the mundane stuff I have to do, and I often find it inspiring if I'm working on a game or something. One thing about it that is really cool is they feature a lot of unsigned "bands" - which mostly seem to be gamers like us with nice keyboards. There is some really impressive, pro-quality music out there from do-it-yourself types who have no record label or distribution other than Radio Rivendell.

The next is Pulp Fiction Comics & Games, in Lee's Summit, MO. I have been shopping there since it opened, and continue to do so even though my discretionary income has dropped significantly over the last few years. I can always find something cool here, even in the $10-$20 range. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful, both about comics and games. Check them out if you never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment