Friday, April 8, 2011

The Big Bang is finished!

Here are three episodes of a story my friend Colin Campbell wrote called The Big Bang, set in the world of the Cape City superhero roleplaying game that we created.

I thought this was a great story and I had the urge to record it. The fact that Colin wrote it in present tense really helped, and it would not have been possible without the amazing web site at freesounds.org. They have everything you could ever want there in terms of audio FX, even music.

Each episode is a little longer than the one before it (they're anywhere from about 8 and a half to 11 and a half minutes long) but I hope they're entertaining enough to keep you listening. I realize that the vocals are occasionally inconsistent - between me, you, and the internet, I did those in one take because everything else took so long. I would certainly go back and tweak this if someone paid me to do it - as it stands now, I'm proud enough of it to put it here.

So enjoy a little bit of radio theater:

The Big Bang, Episode 1
The Big Bang, Episode 2
The Big Bang, Episode 3

I should mention that, perhaps obviously, actor Erik King has nothing to do with any of this - it's just how Colin pictured Da Bomb when he created the character.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this trailer: http://www.hulu.com/watch/227189/movie-trailers-the-big-bang

    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete