Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bullets Over Cowtown

I have created a page for BAD GUYS - Bullets Over Cowtown, a game of violent gangster action in 1920's Kansas City using a simple version of Fudge. It's probably the "prettiest" book I've made yet, thanks to a lot of great public domain imagery.

I started messing with Fudge as a test to see if I thought some form of it would work for the Cape City game. After one playtest, I think it might. We'll see. That's a huge project. This one was short and sweet and I can't wait to try it out with the "big group." The playtest group (Anthony, Brendan and Connor) had a lot of fun with it. Gangster stories, like Westerns, are pure Americana, and I have become quite interested in the rise of organized crime in the U.S. I am reading a book called First Family, and have another lined up called The Starker, about the formation of Sicilian and Jewish gangs in New York, and some of those details will most likely show up in the game in some form or another. I have been looking for a good book about organized crime in Kansas City, and while I've found plenty of interesting stuff online, I haven't been able to find a descent book that is still in print. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Anyway, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment