Friday, July 23, 2010

TAS Form 2, Revised

I enjoy the conceit that my gaming group is the only one in the world to play Classic Traveller recently. Traveller has had a long life, with all its different incarnations, but I still love the first one the best, and refuse to even attempt to justify it. Call it nostalgia. Call it a soft spot for minimalism. Call it whatever! But I love it. I love the lack of art, the lack of examples, the assumption that the players of the game might actually like to use their imagination rather than pick and choose from lists of superhuman feats and whatnot.

At any rate, our group completed a Classic Traveller campaign last year, and I felt it was one of the best I've ever run. It's certainly the only one I've ever kept a complete GM journal for (which is up at the Star Chamber, buried somewhere in the Starchives).

I always loved the CT character sheet, which looked like it had been produced by the Internal Revenue Service. But I wanted room for players to be able to write down the modifiers for each weapon vs. range and armor and all the other stuff, so I made a new one, attempting to keep the look and feel of the original. Here it is, if anyone ever needs it.

7 comments:

  1. Do you still have the PDF for this character sheet? The link no longer works. I am starting a CT campaign and I would really like to use it. Looks great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that link NEVER worked, which shows you how few people find their way here. It's fixed now! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Thinking about starting my first ever RPG game and having it be Traveller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! A fine update of a classic form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! A fine update of a classic form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! A fine update of a classic form.

    ReplyDelete