Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Masquerade of Horrors" lives on

I don't believe it is actually posted online anywhere, but Colin Campbell and I once entered a scenario-writing contest Black Industries held for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. We won second place and had fun writing our adventure, called "Masquerade of Horrors." It dealt with a psychotic hermaphroditic Slaanesh-worshipper who had a traveling theater troupe.

It's very gratifying that several years later I am still getting the occasional e-mail about this. I hope all the folks with the Illinois Thinking Dungeoneer's Society, who are currently playing the adventure, enjoy squaring off against the villainous Hermann Von Barbe and his band of theatrical weirdos.

It's so nice to hear from people about this stuff that I wonder how much nicer it would be if I had actually published anything. Alas, the RPG industry folks I've talked to about writing professionally have all been very discouraging. One wonders if they're not trying to scare away potential competition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment