Friday, July 17, 2009

Gonen's World book scaled back...

It's become apparent to me that a full-size, 40+ illustration version of the book for Gonen's World: The Roleplaying Game is going to be unrealistic.

At this point, I just need to get it done - and that's not going to happen with the grand vision I have laid out for it.

Those of you who know me well know that I adore the old Classic Traveller books - you know, the 8.5x11 sheets folded over - the famous "Little Black Books." Well, in honor of that I've decided to do two "Little Blue Books." The first is Rules of Play, which has all the rules, and the second is World Guide, which has most of the background (there's a short background in the introduction to the first book, just in case someone doesn't want to read all that).

Anyway, to make the text of both books fit into 44 pages each, I had to make some tough cuts. The short stories are out. We have fine short stories from me, Ryan Ashmore and Colin Campbell, but those are going to have to wait for copies of Gonen's World Addendum. Also, I had to cut most of the illustrations. I'm saving only the very best (and the ones that fit most conveniently).

I have a lofty goal of finishing these by the end of July, and I'm hard at work on that today. Of course, I'm supposed to be writing about government issues for South Kansas City and Grandview, but let's face it - Gonen's World is far more interesting.

Keep your fingers crossed for an Aug. release.

No comments:

Post a Comment