Monday, June 29, 2009

Gettin' Healthy..No Really!

I've just joined the View, a community center in the town where I work, so I can get into shape. I'm not talking about going nuts or anything - just toning up a bit, losing the gut that's crept up on me over the past few years, and getting my blood pressure down.

I'm switching to one cup of coffee a day, and cutting way back on the cigarettes in anticipation of quitting entirely.

The neat thing about this place (the View) is that it's partially paid for by some local Chamber of Commerce program through my employer, and I'm encouraged to go there during the day when I need a break. I can't see myself working out before or after work - but to have a long lunch, run over there, work out a bit, swim a lap, jump in the shower and come back ready for the afternoon - that sounds fine indeed, and it's something I might actually do.

Furthermore, the View is a really impressive, state-of-the-art community center, and I think it might be just about the only state-of-the-art facility in Grandview, Missouri. :)

It's not much of an update, but I'll keep you posted on how my attempts to become a lean, mean, fightin' machine go.

No comments:

Post a Comment