Monday, May 11, 2009

Gonen's World keeps draggin' on...

Yikes. I'm in neck-deep!

Gonen's World: The Roleplaying Game has been finished (the final draft, anyway) for a few weeks now. But I've been indecisive about how to package it, and that's led to delays.

I had originally intended to do a full 11x17 book (folded over, that's "normal size," or 8.5x11), complete with artwork and short-story sidebars by me, Colin Campbell and Ryan Ashmore. Then, in a fit of nostalgia for the "little black books" of first edition Traveler, I decided to divide the material into two books - the Rules of Play, which featured character creation and all of the "rules," with very little background, and then another book, the World Guide, which had all the background, the bestiary, and stuff aimed more at the game master. I axed the short stories.

So, I laid out the entire first book in InDesign, then changed my mind. :)

So now it's back to square one, layout-wise. For those of you who've been waiting for it, keep waiting. This game has been a decade in the making so I guess another few weeks won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment