Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life on Mars...Greatest Ending Ever?

It sucks when a great TV show gets cancelled, but it's nice when the showrunners know it's coming and can finish the story.

ABC's Life on Mars, based on the British show of the same name, had its final episode last night. I don't want to give anything away, other than to say this: talk about a surprise! I haven't watched the British show so I don't know how it ends, but the ending of the American version may well be the most satisfying conclusion to a TV series I have ever seen. I wish I could tell you about it but I won't.

Oddly, reviewers have blasted the ending as unrealistic. But given the premise of the show - a cop from 2008 gets hit by a car, wakes up, and finds himself in 1973 - I'm not sure where realism comes into play.

All I will say is that if you haven't seen Life on Mars, it was probably the best thing on network TV this season and I'm sorry to see it go. But hey...at least it had a longer run than Firefly.

Jason O'Mara is a great actor and I hope we see more from him. Personally, I think he was born to play The Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment