Sunday, February 22, 2009

Join Up and Fight!

A while back on the Star Chamber I posted about plans for a Gonen's World board game that would decide the fate of the war that began at the end of Gonen's World V.

The game was heavily based on Diplomacy, but with some weird randomness thrown in. I never finished it. I did, however, make some recruiting posters I don't think I ever shared.

I found a bunch of very cheap little Victorian/Civil War-era plastic miniatures recently, and they'd make great pieces for a game. So I've gotten excited about it again.

But making a board game - even when you're stealing it, apparently - is a lot harder than making a roleplaying game. So for now, I'll just share these posters. The ones on the left are for Imperial Vlodasai (the forces of the Queen, who is really just a captive of the Regency). The ones on the right are forces loyal to the Claimant, Jared Orijiabi (the Restoration Army and the Gray Legion). There are some other armies, too, such as the Oranje Berets and mercenary army of the Black Queen (Umbugateesha) but I'll get to those eventually. In the meantime I hope this gets your imagination going. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Note that Squadron D is indeed a descendant of the old D-Squad that did black ops for Queen Farin. Unfortunately they're now fighting for the Regency.

2 comments:

  1. This shit is great, love the posters. Can't believe I haven't seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll need some help with it and you'll be the first person I call when I get around to it...

    ReplyDelete